Web Browser in Internet Technology
Some of the popular Web Browsers are given below with released date.
- WorldWideWeb – It was released on 25 February 1990.
- Mosaic – It was released on 22nd April 1993.
- Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator –It was released on 13th October 1994
- Internet Explorer – It was released on 16th August 1995.
- Mozilla Navigator –It was released on 5th June 2002
- Safari – It was released on 7th January 2003
- Mozilla Firefox – It was released on 9th November 2004
- Google Chrome – It was released on 2nd September 2008
- Microsoft Edge – It was released on 9th June 2015
Architecture of a General Web Browser
There are many web browser available in the market. All of them interpret, translate and display information/ data on the screen. Their capabilities and structure varies which depends upon implementation. But the most basic component that all web browser must Contains are given below.
The Controller play a significant role as a control unit in CPU. It takes input from the keyboard or mouse, interpret it and keep other services to work on the basis of input that it receives.
The Interpreter receives the information from the controller and execute the instruction simultaneously line by line. Some interpreter are compulsory while some are optional For example, HTML interpreter program is Compulsory while java interpreter is optional.
- Client Program
The Client Program explains the specific protocol or rules that will be used to access a particular service from web browsers. Following are the client programs that are commonly used now a days : HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, NNTP. Each of these protocol have specific roles in web browser functionality.
This is all about Web Browser in Internet Technology, in next topic we will discuss about all Internet protocols by which our computer internet connectivity is established.