Intranet Private Network Principle
Intranet Private Network Principle – Intranet is a private network being accessible by member or employees of an organisation or firm. It may be interlinked with many local area networks (LAN) or Wide area Network (WAN). It is used to share information with the organisations members or employees. It follow special TCP/IP protocols/ HTTP being administered by the concerned organisation or firm. An intranet can also be used to facilitate working in groups and for Tele-Conferences. When part of an intranet is made accessible to customers, partners, suppliers, or others outside the company, that becomes part of an extranet.
What are the uses of Intranet?
- Collaboration to facilitate group work and teleconferencing.
- Used by Corporates to discuss key issues like productivity, quality or confidential tasks.
- Large business administrators use intranet for public messaging social contacts etc.
- Business can share private message or confidential tasks with the intranet network.
What are the advantages of Intranet?
- Web Publishing – The corporate can share employee manuals, benefit documents, news feeds through intranet features.
- Cost Effective – The user can view information and data via web browser such as procedure manuals, internal phone list and forms. This will save the business money on printing documents.
- Workforce Productivity – It can view user information much faster than other network to build up the application and work more boosting.
- Communication – It is the powerful tools for communication in group, the member should be up to date the info of company basis.
- It is built for one audience system.
- Intranet Promote common corporate culture
- It supports a distributed computing architecture
- It supports cross platforms capability.
- Flexibility in terms of Productivity.
- Team work to enhance the corporate productivity
Larger enterprises allow users within their network to access the public Internet through firewall servers that have the ability to see messages in both directions so that company security is maintained.