HTML Web Page Basic Knowledge
HTML Web Page Basic Knowledge – The full form of HTML is Hyper Text Mark-up Language which is designed for creating web pages and many web application that will run on any web browsers. It is used for creating documents and webpages. It was designed in 1980 by Tim Berners Lee, a contractor at CERN. In 1989 Berners Lee wrote a memo proposing an internet based hypertext system. In 1991, he publicized HTML tags which was the basic of HTML Programming. HTML elements are building blocks of HTML Pages. The HTML tags are written inside the angle brackets <>. HTML is a mark-up language that any web browser use to interpret and compose text, images, and other material into visual or audible web pages.
What are HTML Tags?
HTML make use of many tags which are enclosed with the angle brackets. Like </html>, </body>. Some of the important tags are given below.
- </1DOCTYPE> – This tag defined the document type and HTML versions.
- <head> – This tag represents the documents header, which encloses other HTML tags.
- <html> – This tag encloses the complete HTML document and comprises of document header which is represented by <head>…</head> and document body which is represented by <body>…</body> tags.
- <title> – The <title> tag is used inside the <head> tag to mention the document title.
- <H1> – This tag represents the heading 1.
- <H2> – This tag represents the heading 2.
- <p> – This tag represents a paragraph.
The WWW is composed of HTML document transmitted from the web servers to web browsers using the Hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP).
What Is HTML Application?
The HTML and Dynamic HTML is used by an html application, which is a Microsoft windows application to provide the applications graphical interface.
HTML uses several data types for such as script data and stylesheet data possessing attributes values including IDs, names, URIs, numbers, units of length, language, media descriptors, colours, character encodings, dates and times and so on. A HTML document starts with a document type declaration (doctype). The purpose of the doctype is to enable parsing and validation of HTML documents by SGML tools.