How to resolve System Restore error code 0x80042308
How to resolve System Restore error code 0x80042308 – This type of error generally occurred due to incomplete execution of System Restore process in Window version 7/8/10. Don’t worry we have some troubleshooting steps which will definitely work. Sometimes a normal booting would resolve the error but if not resolved then read below. The general text appears at the time of problem is “The specified object was not found. (0x80042308)”.
The Specified object was not found. (0x80042308)
There are three main troubleshooting steps to counter error “The specified object was not found. (0x80042308)”. Read the below steps with ease and apply it into your PC.
- Disable the active antivirus temporarily – Sometimes the active antivirus program on your PC disrupt the execution of System Restore. So, let it disabled and check if problem is solved. If the problem is solved then skip this article else read below.
- Third party application creating the problem – If any of the third-party application creating trouble in successful execution of system restore, then follow the steps given below. You can boot machine on clean boot state where no third-party interaction is allowed. If problem being solved in clean boot mode, means any of the third-party apps is the main culprit. You must follow steps below to enter into clean boot state.
- Log on to the machine with administrative privilege.
- Press Win + R to open Run Window and type “msconfig.exe” to access System Configuration Utility.
- Navigate to Selective Startup option in the General tab.
- Uncheck the Load Startup items and save the changes.
- Now go to services tab in the same window and select the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox on left side.
- There will be ‘Disable all’ option also on right side, click on it and press ok. Finally, this will disable all Non-Microsoft services on the system.
- At last restart your computer and create a restore point to check if problem is solved.
- Restart volume shadow copy services after removing all restore points.
Sometimes this error occurs due to volume shadow copy corrupt. So, you need to run the System file checker. First of all, remove all previous restore points and follow the steps given below.
- Go to Start > Properties > Advanced System Settings
- Select the drive with protection under the ‘System Protection’ tab.
- Go to configure and click on ‘Turn off system protection’ option.
- Turn on Protection back again.
Now to restart the volume shadow copy services read below —-
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the search bar and open the Services Manager.
- Navigate and click on ‘Volume Shadow Copy Services’.
- Right click on Volume Shadow Copy Services, Stop and Start it one by one.