How to resolve second monitor detect error
How to resolve second monitor detect error – Sometimes we need to use second monitor with our PC which is one of the extensive utilities of Windows. But despite the second monitor being connected to the system, the windows is unable to detect it and shows a message – Windows 10 cannot detect the second monitor or Didn’t detect another display. The displaying errors have many reasons behind it but we will focus on software related issues that is with the drivers. In this article we will emphasis on driver related issues and other manual troubleshooting. These resolving steps do not require more technical hand.
Procedures to fix Second Monitor detect error related issues –
Before proceeding with the steps makes sure your windows has the latest update installed. Make sure your second monitor is working correctly. Make sure you have set up the dual monitor properly.
- Update driver software –
The inability of Windows to detect the second monitor is mostly related to video card. The video card or graphics driver might not have the latest driver installed. So user need to install or update the latest driver for display adapters and Monitors. You need to update or reinstall your NVIDIA driver. If updating the driver doesn’t work, go for reinstallation.
Press Windows + X key and then choose Device Manager. Find out he concerned Device Manager Window and check if yellow mark is displaying there. If it is then right click on it and select Roll back to rollback the driver. If this option is not there, right click on it and select Uninstall. Then restart the Windows. Open Device Manager again and select Scan for hardware changes to install the driver.
- Manually detect Monitor Settings –
Go to Run Command and type desk.cpl and press enter to open Display settings. If detection is not established automatically, you may detect it manually.
- Click on Start Button and Open the Settings panel.
- Now navigate to System and in the display tab, under the Multiple Displays column, click on Detect. This will help window to detect the monitor especially if they are older models. Checks if problem is solved else proceed to next step.
- Hardware Troubleshooting –
- Change the HDMI cable connected with the second monitor (if required)
- Check the second monitor with different system (if required)
- Run Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter