How to resolve Error 0XC004F012 on Win 10 Activation
How to resolve Error 0XC004F012 on Win 10 Activation – This error is caused during Window 10 activation process having error code 0XC004F012. If you are facing the same problem in your system at the time of activation then follow our troubleshooting steps given below. The main reason behind this error is due to missing or corrupt licensing repository. Sometimes this error occurs at first time activation or sometimes during up gradation. The actual textual message which pops up after clicking the watermark at the bottom right of the screen to activate windows is “Windows can’t activate right now. Try activating again later. If that doesn’t work, contact support. Error code: 0xC004F012.”
- Rebuild the Activation Token File –
Open the following folder having path – C:\Windows\System3\SPP\Store2.0 (In case windows is installed on a different drive, set the appropriate path. Find the token.dat file in the folder naming 2.0, rename it to token.old and close the file explorer. Run the command prompt as administrator and type the following command – net start sppsvc. After this execute the command – cscript.exe slmgr.vbs / rilc and reboot the system waiting a minute. Now go to Settings > Activation > Run the Activation Troubleshooter.
- Activate window 10 with your phone –
A user can activate window 10 by their phone itself. Here are few steps to do so.
- Go to search box and type Slui 4 and press enter.
- Select your country and click on next
- Keep the window open and call the toll free number of native country
- Then you will receive a confirmation ID, which you need to note down.
- Type this confirmation ID in the box provided and click on Activate.
- Change the windows product key and check if It works.
In some cases a different messages pops up on the screen like “The Software Licensing Service reported that the call has failed because the value for the input key was not found”.
The successful solution to such error is to rebuild the Tokens.dat or Activation Tokens file on the system, irrespective of whether it got corrupted or went missing or not upgraded.