How to resolve “Error 0x00000000: The operation completed successfully”
How to resolve “Error 0x00000000: The operation completed successfully” – This error code is generally seen when we try to copy files from one place to another. The window with Error 0x00000000: The operation completed successfully are seen with two extra options – Try Again and Cancel. The error halts the copying operation in windows immediately. Here we have some troubleshooting methods which must be followed to overcome with such error. This is one of the error comes under Win32 error codes with small description.
The other Win32 error codes and their descriptions are listed below for more knowledge to the reader. This error code is generally seen when we try to copy files from one place to another.
- 0x00000000 (Error_Success) – The operation completed successfully.
- 0x00000000 (NERR_Success) – The operation completed successfully.
- 0x00000001 (Error_Invalid_Function) – Incorrect Function
- 0x00000002 (Error_File_Not_Found) – The system cannot find the file specified.
- 0x00000003 (Error_Path_Not_Found) -The system cannot find the path specified.
- 0x00000004 (Error_Too_Many_Open_Files) – The system cannot open the file.
- 0x00000005 (Error_access_denied) – Access is denied.
- 0x00000006 (Error_Invalid_Handle) – The handle is invalid.
Few Steps to resolve “Error 0x00000000: The operation completed successfully”.
- Use PC in Safe mode and check if you are able to execute the copy operation.
- System File Checker Tool – This is the inbuilt & command line tool available in Windows and also reliable for users to resolve the errors. The user need to open command prompt in admin privilege and run the command – sfc / scannow. This will process in few minutes after you can restart your PC to check if problem is solved.
- Access Full Control – The user need to check their account having full control over files and drive or not. If not make sure you tick allow under properties window in C drive.
- Change your Account type – The user is advised to change their standard user account to administrator account. To Change press Win + I to open windows security panel > Go to Accounts > Family & Other people > Other People > Change account type > select Administrator from drop down menu.
- Full Scan PC with antivirus – In some cases this error occurs due to malware attack. This malware can be removed with the help of reliable antivirus. The user may use window defender is such cases also.