How to Protect Computer from Unwanted Software
How to Protect Computer from Unwanted Software – Unwanted software are program which are installed in our computer without any consent and perform illegal actions. Sometimes when we install an application, these software are accidently installed concurrently. These unwanted files might perform unauthorised tasks like displaying advertisement, modifying browser settings, installing bunch of software associated with it. How to Protect Computer from Unwanted Software are discussed below in brief. In this article we will focus on cause, effect and preventive measures to counter such unwanted software or apps.
Some of the common abnormal situation created by these unwanted files are given below.
- Sometimes the apps prompts you that installation is in progress, but there is no any way to opt out or modify installation settings.
- Modification of browser settings without doing anything.
- Advertisement shown in modified search results pages or websites.
- Web search results and other online activities are monitors by these unwanted files. How to Protect Computer from Unwanted Software
What to do when you feel unwanted files are present in your computer?
- Turn on Windows Defender for Windows 10. If the unwanted software persists, you can submit files to Microsoft. un
- Uninstall unwanted software using Add/Remove programs.
- Run a full Scan with the help of Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Scan files offline with Windows Defender offline.
How to keep your PC away from unwanted software attack?
- Regularly use Windows Defender Antivirus to complete scan your computer.
- Use Microsoft Edge Browser, because it allows plugins only through the store. Window SmartScreen is also helpful to block these unwanted apps.
- The user should download apps from a trusted sources using Store.
So these are the few common cause, effect and preventive measures related to unwanted software on your PC. The procedure to Protect Computer from Unwanted Software are discussed above.