How to prevent from tech support online scams
How to prevent from tech support online scams – When a user faces fake issues related to licensing, system errors or blue screen error or pop up messages on browser, which tempt to contact fake tech supports websites. These fake tech supports claims that there is some problems with your PC and can be countered by paying for services. They usually access your PC with the help of remote management apps that was installed accidently. Although they use malware to lure victims easily. These type of scams are popular nowadays. In this article we will discuss about these online scams; how it works and attack your PC, How to know that you are affected and what to do if you are already infected.
How they easily affect someone’s PCs?
These online scam are active on fake websites where they implements all such malware and files which are accidently downloaded by any innocent users. When a user starts browsing webpages, they start seeing errors such as pop up messages that they can dismiss and suddenly goes into full screen mode showing a blue screen, windows activation page, support malware infection or system error with a technical support number. Then victims follow such support number and engaged on what asked to do by fake support teams. How to prevent from tech support online scams.
How we know that our PC is infected?
When your PC gets affected with the support scam malware you may see few unusual activities going on with your PC. Some of the activities are —
- User cannot use web browser properly and each time a message pop ups to contact a tech support number.
- User cannot use PC normally and a pop up message tells you to contact a tech support number.
- When user receive a fake phone call to proceed such process.
- When a user receives fake email from unknown sources, which ask you to pay for services immediately.
- What to do when your PC gets affected?
- Uninstall or turn off any remote management tools you may have installed or turned on.
- Use window defender antivirus or other antivirus to clean your PC and please make sure PC is up to date.
- Apply all security updates as soon as possible.
- Immediately change your passwords or credentials.
- Pay attention to any unusual activity on your PC.
- Try to restore your PC to a previous state point.