How to fix Laptop inbuilt keyboard not working
How to fix Laptop inbuilt keyboard not working – The laptop we purchase from the market include the inbuilt keyboard and trackpad. Both of them makes our work easier exempting the use of external keyboard and mouse. We are not stick to carry both the devices along with laptops. But sometimes this inbuilt keyboard does not work whereas the trackpad is working. Although there is no any connection between the working of keyboard and trackpad.
This article focuses on few useful tips to get that keyboard back to work. This tips/ tricks are applied on most of the manufacturer like HP, Dell, Acer, Lenovo and other windows-based laptops. The troubleshooting methods to fix the problem in keyboard are as follow –
Procedure to Fix Laptop inbuilt keyboard not working –
- Check if any key is broken physically. If there is any physical impact then you need to reach the service center.
- Clean the keyboard keys with a brush. Remove all the dusts and make keyboard crisp and clean. You can also use a laptop cleaning kit for this purpose.
- Make sure that your keyboard is working while accessing BIOS menu. Just restart the computer and during booting press the hot keys like Esc/Del to open the BIOS menu. If by pressing Esc/Del BIOS is opened, then your keyboard is ok. Only problem is there with software Part or say drivers.
- So, reinstall the keyboard driver. Just enable the On-
Screen keyboard or use external keyboard and proceed to the next step.
- Open Device Manager and navigate to keyboards. Find the correct keyboard and right click on it and select Uninstall. After uninstalling restart your computer and check if driver is installing automatically. If it is not installed automatically then open the Device Manager, right click on keyboard and select on “Scan the hardware changes” to install it.
- If you see that the keyboard is working but not taking input properly, then perform a clean boot and check. Check if problem is solved. If yes, then there is some third-party software which is interfering the normal working of keyboard. So, identify and remove the third-party software.
- If you notice that a short lag after pressing the key and character is displayed, then you need to disable the filter keys.