How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Chrome
How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in chrome – We have seen many Chrome related issues and its solutions in our previous articles. In this article we will also see a new type of chrome related issues stated below. The error says “This website is not available, www.computergk.com’s server DNS address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN”. This error is seen when we open a webpage in Google chrome.
Procedure to fix “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” error
The IP address used by your ISP’s domain name server are automatically set by your Internet Service Provider via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). The URL you are trying to connect cannot be accessed because the DNS lookup might have failed or not loaded. The network service translates a website’s name to its internet address. The basic reason behind this error might be no internet connectivity or misconfigured network. The other reason which restricts access would be firewall security.
How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in chrome
- Flush DNS cache – First of all flush the DNS cache and then restart the PC and Router. Now check if problem is solved.
- Perform Google Public DNS – Use Google Public DNS and check if it works. So, change the DNS settings in your operating system with DNS IP address. The procedure to change the DNS settings varies according to the operating system. In this article we will focus on fixing problems on Windows.
- On Windows PC, chrome might display a grey window with one of the message if trouble occurs with the internet or DNS settings.
- Right click on Taskbar network icon and select the Network and Sharing Center. Go to “Change Adapter Settings”. Navigate to the network connection you are using (Local Area Connection/ Wireless connection). Now right click and select properties.
- Choose the new window and select “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
- On new window, click on checkbox for “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Press 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Click on OK and exit the window.