How to “Fix Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC” error
How to “Fix Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC” error – When your Computer misbehaves or responds unusually and decided to run startup repair and it fails showing an error “Automatic Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PC”. The error message showing on the screen would be ——
“Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC; Press “Advanced Options” to try other options to repair your PC or ‘Shut down’ to turn off your PC. Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt”
In order to solve this error, there are seven distinct troubleshooting methods provided below. The user needs to check from the list which one of the methods will be beneficial to counter error. The below log file would predict the cause which help to opt the suitable method.
- Run Chkdsk command – Open Command window and enter Chkdsk /r C:
C is the drive for scanning and fixing the problems.
- Disable automatic Startup Repair – This method is applied on your system having Drive related issues. If your system is having drive related issues the Startup repair windows opens up automatically during boot. To disable the automatic startup repair, Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt and execute the command:
bcdedit /set recoveryenabled NO
- Rebuild Boot Configuration Data and Repair Master Boot Record –
This method is considered when your system is having boot sector problem. Click on Advanced options and select Command Prompt window. Then enter the following commands one by one –
Bootrec.exe / fixboot
- Consider DISM Tool in Safe Mode –
Start your computer on Safe Mode and open Command prompt with administrative privilege and run DISM to repair the system image. This command is used as Deployment Imaging and servicing Management tool to scan computer for possible file corruption. The command is given below –
DISM/ Online /Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- Restore registry from RegBack directory –
This method is used when your system is prone to a wrong registry value. So user need to restore the registry value using advanced options. Open command prompt window from advanced options and type the following command.
Copy c:\windows\system32\config\RegBack *
After entering the command, system will ask whether you want to overwrite all files or partially. We advice users to select All and press enter. Restart your computer and check whether problem is solved. How to “Fix Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC” error
- Disable Early launch anti malware protection –
Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Option > Startup settings > Restart. During booting press 8 key on your keyboard to select antimalware protection setting.
- Restart your PC –
Troubleshoot menu > Reset this PC
- Unplug and reconnect the hard drive
- Clean & Reconnect RAM
- Unplug all external devices.
How to “Fix Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC” error…