How to fix A disk read error occurred in Windows PC
How to fix A disk read error occurred in Windows PC – Sometimes during booting the system will show an error “A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart”. But after pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del the system will reboot and shows same message again thus creating a loop. In this position you need to troubleshoot the system during boot time only. In this article we had illustrated about the troubleshooting methods to follow after appearing of such type of message.
There are many reasons of showing such error but we compromise to know you the exact reason: –
- Problem in MBR configuration – The common reason behind this would be lack in disk write errors and virus attacks. But this part can be resolved though software troubleshooting. We don’t need to go for any hardware changes.
- Error in Partition Table – This error can be resolved upto software level troubleshooting.
- Last one raised towards the Physical Part – Hard disk.
Procedure to Fix “A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart”
- Perform Check Disk from the Command Prompt windows
Perform booting at the Advanced Options menu. Then click on Command Prompt. Enter the command – chkdsk C: /f/x/r (Root drive C can be changed). If error is encountered it will fixed. But if no error is found the window will display the message “Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems”.
- Repair the Master Boot Record –
If possible, your System’s Master boot record might be corrupted. If corrupted then it can be repaired by following the link available there.
- Check the Hardware –
- Remove the hard drive and connect it with other system. After connecting with other system check if files and folders are accessed or not. If system reads the hard drive then perform scan using recovery tools and also run a virus check.
- If connecting with other system, hard drive works then you should replace the older one with a new one.
- Replacing the RAM also works in this case. If there are two RAM slots then try to interchange their slots. Clean those RAM chips to avoid dusts.
- If there is any complaint regarding overheating at the time of running, then contact the technician immediately.