Five hardware Upgrades Will Speed up your PC
Five hardware Upgrades Will Speed up your PC – The Processing speed of a computer to run an application whether it is a simple application, music, video or games is the key factor. The computer with low processing speed would take more time to process any application. While a computer with high processing speed would take less time for the same application. We all want to have such a computer in our home or office. Although the lifespan of a running computer ranges from 2 to 4 years. Afterwards, the user need to replace the existing hardware or buy a new one, which cost more.
But there is a way by which user can speed up his computer without replacing with the new one. The thing is hardware upgrades which will extend the useful life of your existing computer. The user need to upgrade five different but essential hardware of a computer to extend its life as a whole. The hardware upgrade won’t cost much compared to a new purchase. The upgrade would improve productivity and performance of your machine. Five hardware Upgrades Will Speed up your PC is discussed below – keep reading.
- RAM (Random Access Memory) – It is an essential hardware component which related directly with the speed of a computer. A user need to install a new RAM having more GB value than the existing one. Since RAM comes in multiple type and speed but common among them are the DDR, DDR2 and DDR3. The type varies with support to your motherboard. If a user is using 2GB RAM or 1 GB or 512 MB RAM he/she must go for either 4 GB or 8 GB costing nearly 50 dollars. The user can insert it on the slot provided on motherboard. After installation, the user should notice applications and windows opening faster.
- Hard Drive – The user has to install a new hard drive according to the type which supports the motherboard. There are two type of hard drive which is mostly used – Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) or Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) drives. One possibility you might want to consider is upgrading from a traditional hard drive to a solid-state drive (SSD).
- Video Card – In case a user uses his computer for gaming purpose, he must install a new graphic video card. The addition will improve gaming performance, visually and speed. Select the type of video card which is supportable. If your computer is older one and you are installing a latest card, it will not support.
- Processor: It is also called as Brain of a computer or Central Processing Unit (CPU). The attempt to replace a new one would be difficult and require more technical skills. So, the user need to read carefully the manual regarding it. You can go for a faster version of your current processor, or get one with more cores to enable your computer to better handle multitasking. upgrade to a newer CPU should greatly increase your computer’s speed and performance.
- Monitor: In this case user have two options either purchase a new one or attach an additional monitor with the older one. The options also depend upon the type of user of computer system. Since we can use two monitors per graphic card with ease. To determine which monitor to buy user need to check the video ports on the computer.