How to fix Windows could not search for new updates
How to fix Windows could not search for new updates - Windows update is essential to remain up to date with the newest definition available by Microsoft. Users are advised to install regular updates issued by Microsoft. As Microsoft release these update features periodically. This is also important in the sense to avoid upcoming issues in the system. In this article, we come with a new Windows issue annoying system users.
The intended message written over the pop up error –
Windows could not search for new updates.
Code 80244FFF Windows Update ran into a problem.
Get help with this error.
Note - Tally the error message with image given above. If it resembles one with you read below.
Basic Troubleshooting to fix Windows could not search for new updates –
- Restart the Computer and ensure that the Time & Region are according to present location.
- Perform Windows Update Automated Troubleshooter/ Windows Update Troubleshooting. Check if problem is solved, else read below.
If the above troubleshooting could not fix the problem then follow the steps given below.
Standard Troubleshooting to fix Windows could not search for new updates –
- Press Win+R key to Open Run Command Window.
- Enter inetcpl.cpl command and press OK to open Internet Properties.
- Navigate to Connections Tab.
- Go to LAN settings button on right side of the Window.
- On Local Area Network (LAN) Settings Window check the radio button saying "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
- Click on Advanced then OK.
- Now Proxy Settings window will open. In HTTP & Secure option enter 127.0.01 as proxy address.
- Enter 8888 as default value on both corresponding Port.
- Navigate to Exceptions section and type <-loophole> as the value.
- Click on OK followed by OK followed by Apply followed by OK.
Troubleshooting with above steps would bypass the error blocking Windows Update. Now Window is ready for regular updates.