How to fix api-ms-win-core-libraryloader|1-1-1.dll is missing
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader|1-1-1.dll is missing - Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is the tool released by Microsoft in order to upgrade Windows OS. This tool would be helpful for users running Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7. The upgrade is easily done with a GUI based Interface. It also offers offline upgrade ISO for Windows 10. The message shows system error saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-|1-1-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem".
The error message appears after downloading of the Operating System and installation is initialized. This issue is generally seen on Windows 7. This system error is seen on Windows10UpgradeApp.exe pop up Window. Though the information available on pop up is not complete. The message is about missing file with .dll extension. There is no description about the original location of missing file.
In this article we have couple of fixes to this missing file. The error was seen after the release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Procedure to fix api-ms-win-core-libraryloader|1-1-1.dll message
To fix this issue you don't need to download or install anything into the PC. The missing file is already present in System32 folder inside Windows folder in operating system partition.
- Navigate to the following location using File Explorer. à C:\Windows\System32\
- Search for the file in search bar of File Explorer. à wimgapi.dll
- After finding the dll file, right click and select copy (To Copy the file)
- Now navigate to the following location. à C:\Windows10Update\
- Paste the copied file in this location.
- Windows asks you to replace the existing file. You need to replace the existing file. If it requires elevation, accept the prompt as well.
- After replacing the file, we have to restart the whole process.
Hope this help you lot!