How to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome
How to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome - Sometimes we find that all the applications have active sound but chrome browser does not have active sound. Why does chrome browser fails to play sound? At first restart the browser or entire windows 10 operating system to fix any normal execution error. In this article we will discuss some unique troubleshooting steps to resolve no sound problem in Google chrome browsers.
Before troubleshooting check some basic Sound related settings in Windows PC.
- Check that Windows OS and Sound drivers are up to date.
- Check that you have not muted the speaker sound in your PC.
- Run the Playing audio troubleshooter.
- Run Chrome Cleanup Tool to ensure that your browser has not been hijacked.
If the above settings are correct without any issue then follow the troubleshooting below -
Procedure to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome –
- Check the speaker volume – For this right click on the speaker icon and open Volume Mixer. You will see volume bar for Chrome. Make sure the chrome volume is up not down.
[caption id="attachment_21135" align="alignright" width="300"] How to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome[/caption]
- Clear the Cache and Cookies – Clearing the Cache memory is a great way to solve most of the problems related to chrome. Click on Vertical dots at the top right corner. Select more tools and then clear browsing data. At last select the amount of data you're satisfied with clearing.
- Reset browser settings in chrome – We can reset the browser settings to avoid unnecessary uninstalling and reinstalling the web browser. Click on the dots at the right hand corner of the web browser. Go to Settings > Advanced > Reset. If resetting the chrome does not solve the problem then we have to perform Re installation of Chrome browser.
[caption id="attachment_21136" align="alignright" width="300"] How to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome[/caption]
- Reinstall the Google Chrome – Close the Google chrome window by pressing Alt + F4. Right click on Task bar and select the Task Manager. Search for all chrome instances and click on End Task to close them. Now Go to Start > Settings >Apps > Apps and Features > Google Chrome and click on Uninstall button. At last, download chrome from internet and install it.
[caption id="attachment_21137" align="alignnone" width="300"] How to Solve No Sound in Google Chrome[/caption]