Why Internet Works with WiFi router but not with Ethernet Modem
Internet Works with WiFi router but not with Ethernet Modem - We can access Internet with two most appropriate techniques i.e. via Wi-Fi Routers and Ethernet Modems. We use one of them for internet connectivity suitable with our availability. What if internet works with Ethernet but not with Wi-Fi router or Vice-versa? In this article we will illustrate you methods to fix such type of connectivity problem. We will provide you one by one steps to resolve such problem with ease. Before proceeding towards troubleshooting let us know the internal principle behind the running of both the techniques.
When we connect with internet connection through a network adapter, it gets synchronised with a MAC address or say Physical Address. Whether you use a Wi-Fi router or Ethernet connection, a MAC address is always generated in both cases. But when you switch from direct Ethernet to Wi-Fi router or vice-versa, the MAC address should be changed. If for any reason, this didn't happen automatically, your internet is having connectivity issue.
You will see either of the two messages Request timed out or Destination host unreachable when you use a ping service in such case.
Why Internet Works with WiFi router but not with Ethernet Modem?
In such case you are bound to stick with one of the connection services, either direct Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi router. Sometimes changing the connection type may solve the issue. Perform the below steps to fix the problem.
- Firstly, find out the MAC address which is currently synchronised with you PC IP address.
- Secondly, replace the current MAC address with that you have found in step one.
You can find out the currently synchronised MAC address with a tool known as Advanced IP Scanner. This scanner will scan the whole system to search your MAC address quickly. Please make sure that you are with the same internet connection.
- Enter the IP address which is registered with your ISP and Press Enter.
How to find out the IP Address of your Machine?
There are two basic methods to find out the IP Address of your PC.
- Press Win+R and type the command ncpa.cpl and press enter. Now Right click on Ethernet and select Properties and then double click on Internet Protocol version 4. Then you will have the IP address on your machine screen.
- Press Win+R and type the command cmd and hit Enter. Then type the command ipconfig. You will have the IP address as IPv4.