Convert SVG Icon to Shape using Microsoft Word
Convert SVG Icon to Shape using Microsoft Word - The SVG is an XML based vector image format for interactivity and animation purpose. It possesses two-dimensional graphics which stands for Scalable vector graphics. In SVC format you can't change its color, size or even texture. But it can be possible to change its color, size or texture by just converting it into shapes using Microsoft word. The same feature is also available for Office 365 subscribers.
Microsoft office has available features to transform all SVG Pictures and icons into Office shapes. In this article we will illustrate methods to convert SVC icons to Shapes using MS word. Although different options are available that will emphasize SVG image looks as per user choice.
Procedure to Convert SVG Icons to Office Shapes using Microsoft Word
- Launch Microsoft Word (MS Word) and navigate to Insert tab.
- Choose the icons from the list of options as per screenshot shown below.
- Then choose the desired image from a section. By default, the gallery offers a lot of pre-defined styles for converting your image to a line drawing or changing the fill color of it.
- For example, we have inserted a logo say books and the original is all black and single colored.
- Go to Format tab and click on "Convert to shape" that will separate single element into its multiple components. Now you can also label or color them separately.
How to Convert SVG Icon to Shape using Microsoft Word?
The conversion features are available only in MS office 2016 for windows. And these features are not available for Office on Android, Office Mobile on Windows 10. A user can follow all the screen shots provided above to convert SVC Icons to Shapes using Microsoft Word Application. The SVG format is said as open standard which was established in 1999.