Settings to Share Printer between a Windows and a Mac
Settings to Share Printer between a Windows and a Mac - Consider a case where you are running Window OS and Mac OS on two different computers. You want to share a single printer with both the operating system in a single room. It is possible. Since a user set up network in single room with so many purpose. In simple terms, if you want to set up a network, you need a printer and a computer. In Mac OSX 10.3 onward the printer setup redirects you to share a printer with a Microsoft PC. In case Mac must be in a network and the Printer must be physically connected with both computer running Window 7 and Mac. Here we will provide settings for Window 7 Operating on one side and Macintosh machine on other side.
Settings on PC running Window 7
- Click on Start menu present at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- As a result, a popup menu will appear.
- Now select Control Panel from the list appears there.
- Then Select Programs and Features page
- Now Click Turn Windows Features on or off
- Then, Turn on the LPD protocol
- Finally check that printer is shared successfully.
Settings on Mac running Computer
- First of all, Start Applications
- Now choose the Utilities
- Then Choose Printer Setup Utility
- Press/ hold down the Option key and click on More printers button available there.
- Now select the Advanced option from the top menu present there.
- Then select LPD/LPR Host or Printer available on Device field.
- Now type "lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName, where Device URL is required.
- At last Click on Add button to successfully get the printer available on Mac.
This is the simple setting which must be obeyed in order to establish connection between Window OS and Mac OS successfully.