How to burn DVD using DVD burner on Computer
How to burn DVD using DVD burner on Computer - The external storage such as CD or DVD are used to store data upto disk capacity for future reference. Often companies use these CDs, & DVDs to store or make a copy of driver software or other data which can be used in future. In order to make a copy the disc is burned with the help of DVD burner.
DVD burner is a software program used to copy or burn contents available on computer memory. Each CDs or DVD has fix capacity to accommodate data like CDs has 650 MB (megabytes) of storage while DVDs has limitation of 4.7 GB/ 8.4 GB/ 9.4 GB. There DVD is available in two formats –
Two Formats of DVD Storage: -
- DVD-R (Read Only) – The disk can be burned only once to store data permanently. It can never be burned again. The DVDs are also categories into dash and plus format.
- DVD+RW (Read & Write) – The storage burned once can be reburned or store as per need. The disk allows both read and right options. The DVDs are also categories into dash and plus format.
How to decide what kind of DVD is used?
- All DVD players are not capable to reading all types of DVDs. So find out the format which your DVD player is reading, before burning the disk.
- Check the burning speed which must comply the speed of your drive. The burning speed is the amount of time the burner will take to burn the DVD.
How to burn your DVD using DVD burner?
- First of all, open the burning application installed on computer.
- Then select the DVD burner we want to use when asked.
- Select the type of file we want to burn on DVD when asked.
- Then choose the specific file we want to burn on DVD when prompted.
- Enter the name of your disc when asked.
- Click on Burn
- Insert a blank disc into the disk drive if asked by computer.
- Now computer will take minutes to burn data on DVD.
- Click on OK when DVD burning will finish.