JAVA Computer Programming Language
JAVA Computer Programming Language - Java is a general purpose high level programming language that is based on Object Oriented Concepts. Java is one of the most popular languages which is widely used in every corners of the world. Duke is the mascot of Java Programming language. Java Programming language was developed by Sun Microsystems (Now called as Oracle Corporation) in 1991 by a small team of Engineers known as Green team. James Gosling was the Creator Java or say designed by him. The file name extension used in java language are .java, .class and .jar. Java is based on Class and OOPs Concept which is designed such that it allow application developers to "Write once, run anywhere" or say WORA. It was mostly popular for Client Server Web application. According to Sun Microsystems, 3 billions of electronic devices are running on Java language.
What was the Primary Goal during creation of Java Language?
- The language must be Portable and architecture- neutral.
- The language must exhibits high performance execution.
- It should be Interpreted, threaded and dynamic.
- It must be robust and secure.
- Must be simple, familiar and Object Oriented.
- Must be platform independent.
What are the popular versions of JAVA Language?
The popular versions along with date is given below.
- JDK 1.0 (Jan 23, 1996)
- JDK 1.1 (February 19, 1997)
- J2SE 1.2 (December 8, 1998)
- J2SE 1.3 (May 8, 2000)
- J2SE 1.4 (February 6, 2002)
- J2SE 5.0 (September 30, 2004)
- Java SE 6 (December 11, 2006)
- Java SE 7 (July 28, 2011)
- Java SE 8 (March 18, 2014)
What are the main features of JAVA Language?
- Simple – It is designed is such a way that programming can be learnt easily.
- Object Oriented Concepts (OOPs) – This language uses Objects which exhibits unique behaviour and data. So it is programmed using OOPs concept.
- Robust – The facility of automatic garbage collection and memory management which make it robust and strong.
- Portable – The program written in one computer can be executed on other computer easily. It is independent of hardware and Operating systems.
- High performance – It is compiled using Just in time compiler which is very efficient and reliable.
- Platform Independent – The program can be executed on any machine where no need modification is required.
What are the Application Areas of Java Language?
- Web applications
- Embedded Systems
- Banking Sector Applications
- Mobile OS like Android
- Desktop applications like Acrobat reader, media player, antiviruses etc.