Virtual Reality Environment Concepts
Virtual Reality Environment Concepts – Virtual reality is an artificial environment which are created with the help of software and presented before the user in such a way that he/she believes it as a real environment. Virtual reality is experienced through two senses: sight and sound. The definition of virtual reality comes from the definitions of both virtual and reality. The definition of virtual is near and reality is what we experience as true. Hence the term virtual reality means near-reality. Virtual reality has application in many area, some of them are given below –
- The simulation of a real entity for training and education.
- The development of an environment suitable for game or interactive stories of children.
- Scientific Visualization
- Industrial design
- Games and Entertainment
Virtual reality means experiencing things by our computers that doesn’t exist. An interactive 3D computer-created environment, while exploring believed to be true both mentally and physically.
Characteristics of Virtual Reality?
- Explorable: The Virtual reality environment brings before us an environment which are too large so that they can be explored to know more about parts related to that environment.
- Immersive: The Virtual reality environment show interactivity and belief existence but never convey properties like sight, sound, smell, taste.
- Believable: The virtual reality environment shows an architecture whose presence tell that or appears to believe that it is present before us.
- Interactive: The virtual reality environment convey presence in such manner that it appears to believe that it is saying something or we are present there.
- Computer-generated: The environment is created with the help of computer programs and software.
What are the equipment used to experience Virtual Reality?
The machine or objects which are used to experience Virtual reality in various application are Head Mounted display (HMDs), Immersive rooms, Data gloves.
Head Mounted Display – The short abbreviation is HMD. The HMD is an object or machine we wear on head. It consists of two tiny lens or glass or screen display. The two screens display are slight different, stereoscopic images, creating a realistic 3D look of the virtual environment. HMDs also contains built-in accelerometers or sensors so they can detect how your head and body are moving and as a result it adjust the picture accordingly. Virtual Reality Environment Concepts.
Immersive Rooms – The room with facility of projected images which are changed simultaneously. As we move in the room, the images change accordingly. Ex – flight Simulator.
Data Gloves – The Ordinary hand gloves with sensors wired to the outside to detect hand and figure motions are data gloves. This can be done by using fibre-optic cables which stretches the length of each finger. Each cable has tiny cuts so that your fingers move back and forth. A photocell at the end of the cable shows how much light reaches it and the computer uses this to figure out exactly what your fingers are doing.