Encrypt a File in Window 10 PC
Encrypt a File in Window 10 PC – Sometimes files stored in Hard Disk or other storage device damages or become victim of theft by hackers. In such cases encryption of file is proved to be fruitful for the security point of view. Here we discuss regarding methods or steps to encrypt a file in window 10 PC. The steps are so easy to follow by the users, in order to encrypt a file.
The simple steps to encrypt a file is illustrated below –
- First of all go to the file which we want to encrypt.
- Right click the file or folder and select properties.
- Then Select the advanced button and check box “Encrypt contents of secure data”.
- Select OK to close the advanced attributes window. Select Apply and press ok.
Some facts regarding Encryption of file in computer system
Encryption is the conversion of electronic data into another form such that it cannot be easily understood by anyone except authorized sender and receiver. The concept of Encryption came from cryptographic technology. The main function of encryption is to protect confidential data which are transferred from sender to receiver on internet media. Today encryption technique or algorithm play a vital role in security assurance of in internet media. The encryption technique possess authenticity, integrity and Non – repudiation. The purpose of data encryption is to protect digital data confidentiality as it is stored on computer systems and transmitted using the internet or other computer networks. Sometimes files stored in Hard Disk or other storage device damages or become victim of theft by hackers
What are the Application Areas of Encryption Technique?
- Government and Military Communication services.
- Protecting info within many kinds of Civilian systems.
- Protect data stored on computers and storage
- To protect confidential & personal data.
- Mobile telephones
- . Wireless microphones
- Bank automatic teller machine